Religion and Prejudice
-Types of prejudice, including religion, race, colour, gender, age, disability, class, lifestyle, looks;
• The causes and origins of prejudice, including ignorance, stereotyping, scapegoating, influence of parents or media, victims of prejudice, experience.
• Concepts of tolerance, justice, harmony and the value of the individual.
• Religious attitudes to prejudice and discrimination.
• Effects of prejudice and discrimination (including the idea of positive discrimination).
• Religious responses to prejudice and discrimination by individuals, groups, society and the law.
• Religious believers who have fought against prejudice, e.g. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Desmond Tutu.